What is a comprehensive eye health examination?
This is a full health evaluation, not only for eyeglasses or contact lenses, but most importantly and assessment of the health of the eye and how the eyes related to your systemic health.
Eye Health Care Examination Includes:
- Refractive Status of the eyes (eyeglass power determination): myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism or presbyopia (older eyes).
- Evaluation for glaucoma and cataracts
- Evaluation of the retina and cornea (structures of the eye)
- Measurements of the anatomy of the eye
- Assessment of ocular health relations for potential systemic disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid and neurological disorders, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme and Rheumatological concerns. All of these and other disorders and diseases can have direct effect on the eyes.
Contact Lens Evaluations:
Contact lens fitting and evaluations are considered as a separate exam and not part of the comprehensive exam. Contact lenses require specialized measurements and fitting to assure the best fit and optimization of the lens to the physiology of the eye.