Comprehensive Eye Health
What is a comprehensive eye health examination?
This is a full health evaluation, not only for eyeglasses or contact lenses, but most importantly and assessment of the health of the eye and how the eyes related to your systemic health.
- Refractive Status of the eyes (eyeglass power determination): myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism or presbyopia (older eyes).
- Evaluation for glaucoma and cataracts
- Evaluation of the retina and cornea (structures of the eye)
- Measurements of the anatomy of the eye
- Assessment of ocular health relations for potential systemic disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid and neurological disorders, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme and Rheumatological concerns. All of these and other disorders and diseases can have direct effect on the eyes.
Contact Lens Evaluations:
Contact lens fitting and evaluations are considered as a separate exam and not part of the comprehensive exam. Contact lenses require specialized measurements and fitting to assure the best fit and optimization of the lens to the physiology of the eye.
Contact Lens Services
Flores Eye Care Clinic provides a variety of options for patients looking for simply an alternative to glasses or for patients who have medical ocular conditions that require specialty contact lenses. We evaluate and fit patients of all ages using the latest in contact lens technology and information.
- Nearsightedness, Farsightedness, Astigmatism, Distorted Cornea, and Presbyopia (distance and near correction)
- Had complex cataract surgery
- Has corneal transplantations
- Irregular or scarred corneas
We provide an extensive selection of contact lenses that can address many visual issues, including the specialty issues listed.
Evaluation and fitting of contact lenses:
- One Day disposable contact lenses
- Two week and Monthly Disposables
- Toric/Astigmatism correcting contact lenses
- Multifocal/ Bifocal
- Cosmetic/ colored contact lenses
- Rigid Gas Permeable (semi-hard lenses)
Specialty Contact Lenses:
- Keratoconus custom contact lenses
- Aphakic (after cataract surgery) contact lenses
- Post surgical (after LASIK or corneal surgery) contact lenses
- Multifocal Rigid Gas Permeables (hard lenses)
- Syneregeyes (soft/hard hybrid specialty lenses)
Hard To Fit Contact Lenses/Medical Contact Lenses
We excel in hard to fit cases and post surgical contact lens fitting. Many local doctors refer to our practice for our expertise in fitting patients with keratoconus (or cone-shaped eyes), pellucid degeneration, post corneal transplant, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an evaluation with our practice if you fit the description of a hard to fit contact lens patient or have medical Eye conditions that require specialty contact lenses to achieve the best level of vision possible.
We understand the needs for individuals with low vision and their requirements that may not be served properly with standard eyeglass, contact lenses and may not be appropriate for surgical intervention. These low vision problems would include such conditions as macular or corneal degenerations that leave the patient with lesser levels of vision.
We can work with the individual, based on their needs, and determine and identify various devices that can make their visual life more enjoyable and proficient.
At Flores Eye Care Clinic we understand medical care costs are rising and the treatment of eye disorders can be cost prohibitive, therefore, we have put together a list of contacts that can assist you with your pharmaceutical needs.
Medication Assistance & Education
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Medicare Pharmaceutical Assistance Program
Medicare State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Discount Card Program
Together RX Access
At Flores Eye Care Clinic we carry a wide variety of optical options, including a great selection of name brand frames. Here are just a few of the brands we carry:
- Marc Jacobs
- Tory Burch
- Ray Ban
- Real Tree Girl
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Mira Flex
- And more